Hi everybody.

I've got a problem while attempting to install some .debs. This is the
output I get from dpkg (regarding ifupdown, but it's the same for other
packages as well):

=== BEGIN CUT HERE ===
Can't modify goto in lvalue subroutine return at
/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Base.pm line 24, near "}"
        ...propagated at /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/base.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Iterator.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm
line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line
5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm
line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Db.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Db.pm line
6.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/debconf/frontend line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/debconf/frontend line
22.
dpkg: error processing ifupdown (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 ifupdown
=== END CUT HERE ===

The package(s) itself is installed, but seems something strange happens
while executing post-inst script. I don't know if I'm supposed to modify
or customize something, I've took a look at those scripts but don't know
Perl (though it seems time to learn it...) so I'm afraid to "break"
something down... This is the output of "perl --version".

=== BEGIN CUT HERE ===
This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-linux

Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to
the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home
Page.
=== END CUT HERE ===

Is it a version problem, or some other thing missing? I didn't find
anything similar in previous messages...

Thanks again. 8-)