On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 05:57:06PM +0100, Brian Potkin wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 05:13:20PM +0000, gerard robin wrote:
>
> > hello,
> > I am connected to internet with a modem and to download
> > a distribution potato or woody spents 130 hours !
> > In France potato exists on CD but woody not.
>
> This looks like you are downloading the whole distribution.  If you have
> potato already on your machine you could simply move to woody with
> apt-get.  Unless you have an existing large installation the time
> involved should be a good deal less than 130 hours and it may end up a
> cheaper method than buying CD's.
>
> > Does woody exist on CD in a european country ?
> > If yes, can someone give me the link.
>
> Try Steve McIntyre in the UK.  Follow the `Debian on CD' link on your
> usual Debian site.
>
> Brian.

Thanks, I have followed your advice and so I have upgraded the soft
which I needed.
However now (after upgrade) when I run a perl script I get this warning:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "fr_FR.ISO-8859.1"

xemacs give the message:

(1) (xim-xlib/warning) Can't set locale.
Using C locale instead.

With potato LC_ALL is unset but I don't have trouble.

How can I set locale ?

TIA.

Thanks to you all who have helped me.

--