Hi!

I'm getting a few strange characters in some of my email messages
read with mutt.  For example, here's a extract from a message I
received today:

    the intent to use them, and don\222t see much posted here on their

Based on a thread I read in debian-devel concerning accents in foreign
languages, I think my problem has something to do with my environment
settings (LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_ALL), but I can't seem to figure out
what I need.

I've got these language-like environment variables set:

    LANG=en_US
    LC_CTYPE=en_US

but I've also tried setting LANGUAGE and LC_ALL to en_US, with
no success in mutt.

My /etc/locales.gen looks like this:

    en_US ISO-8859-1

I'm running an up to date sid system (synced this morning, although
I've always had this problem with mutt, as far as I know).

Thanks!

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle