Well, I'd love to give it a try, as I have nothing to lose.
But, how do I get to your 'fsck' utility? I rebooted to my Woody CD1 just a few secs ago, went to shell, but got 'fsck: no such command'. Could you please clear this up for me?

thanks.

--Azaghal

From: Jeetu Golani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Help! partition table!
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:19:03 +0530

Hello,

Again this may be way too trivial, but I recently did a mkswap on my root
partition instead of the space set aside for swap. I noticed the prob just as
you and switched off the machine and restarted with similar results as you.
To recover I rebooted from my Debian CD and did a fsck /dev/hda? and it was
able to recover my data. Have you tried that?? It may just work for
u.....keep me posted as to wat happ.

Bye for now