On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 02:51:26PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:48:13PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL
> PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > what good video players are there in linux?  i've been playing around
> > with Xine but it's messed up, sometimes i can get .mpg files to work
> > sometimes it starts with a green screen, sometimes it has no sound.
> > what player are there that can play .mpg .avi and divx?
>
> xmms with the plugins stuff is handling mpegs fine.  I've also tried
> xine and xanim, but find xmms is far superior to either.
>
> Peace.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
>  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?              Home of the brave
>   http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/                    Land of the free
>    Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org
> Geek for Hire                      http://kmself.home.netcom.com/resume.html

//

pardon my asking, but how, exactly, does xmms work?  (i type, "xmms"
in a console, get the xmms "skin," click the ">" ("play") button,
and select my *.mpg.  the "skin" and console just "stare" (and must be
laughing at me, secretly).

ia, t.

bentley taylor
        potato, 2.2.17, icewm-gnome, liquid (theme), rxvt-xpm,
        (no desktop env.-- the "clean-pallet approach, thank
        you.)...

//