Running KDE 2.1.2 over Debian unstable with kdm.  Upon
boot-up, the machine comes up to the kdm login but the
keyboard is nonfunctional.  I see the keyboard lights flash
on initial bootup and I can change the numlock status during
the first stages of bootup.  Shortly before the kdm screen
appears, however, the lights on the keyboard go dark and the
keyboard goes nonfunctional.  Even CAD has no effect.  The
mouse still works, and if I select "Restart xserver," the
keyboard comes back to life and works fine.  It also works
fine if I exit kdm and go to a command prompt, so it's not a
problem with the keyboard itself.  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.