At 12:03 AM 9/22/01 -0400, Dan Born wrote:
>By default mpg123 plays the mp3.  Use the -s option to have it send its data
>to stdout.  See the manpage for more info.

found a somewhat ugly way to fake it, seems to be working though with -w

the -s option talks about headerless data in the man page:

The  decoded  audio samples are written to standard output, instead of playing
them through  the  audio device.   This  option  must  be used if your audio
hardware is not supported by  mpg123.   The  output format  is  raw
(headerless) linear PCM audio data, 16 bit, stereo, host byte order.

forgive my ignorance, is that a .wav file?