On Tuesday 25 September 2001 10:04 pm, Brian Schramm wrote:
> I am still trying to upgrade from potato to woody.  With a modem this is a
> panfull process at best.  Here it is 4 days latter and now I cannot get
> anywhere with it.  Here is the error message that I get.

<snip>
> Unpacking replacement xlibs ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_4.1.0-6_i386.deb
> (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/mouse.xpm', which is
> also in package qcad
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_4.1.0-6_i386.deb
> Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> schserv:~#
>
> Please help.

I know your pain.  Dial up installations are a trip.

As someone else suggested you might try removing qcad.

Then you could bust out a

dpkg --pending --configure

and see if dpkg resumes.

Good luck!

(I had a similar problem with kde 2.2.1 in Sid and did an apt-get -f install
and then a dpkg --pending --configure and it seemed to resolve itself, even
though I didn't remove either package that had the offending file.  I don't
know why it worked.)