also sprach Vitor Silva Souza (on Wed, 26 Sep 2001 02:44:13PM -0300):
>       The company I work for has a Windows NT 4.0 Server connected to an ISP
> through a T1 (I think). Anyways, this machine has a Microsoft Proxy Server
> (SOCKS5, I think) and every other machine on the network access the
> Internet using Microsoft Proxy Client 2.0.

http access is one thing. have fun trying to get out of the network
with something like ssh or smtp/pop3. don't worry, micro$oft made sure
that everyone has to use their crap, at least afaik. if you *do* find
a way to use the proxy server as a regular gateway to the net, please
do let me know.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; [EMAIL PROTECTED]