On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:25:08AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Help all! Help for a borked boxen!
>
> I ran apt-get upgrade to the latest unstable version. All was going ok
> until the install phase where everything seems to have gone wrong.

Never use 'apt-get upgrade' across different versions of the
distribution: it won't make the right decisions. Use 'apt-get
dist-upgrade' instead, or just use dselect.

> According to dselect, the version to be installed is 2.2.4-2, but as
> it says, 2.1.3-18 is already installed.
>
> I assume that maybe if I removed 2.1.3-18, then this may solve my
> problem, but I thought I would ask someone first....

Don't remove libc6! Upgrading it individually with 'apt-get install
libc6' may help.

> also, when I try to run something like man, I get the following message:
>
> man: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by
> /lib/libdb.so.3)
>
> is this all part and parcel of the same thing???

That's slightly different; you need to upgrade libdb2.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]