tony, wayne:

for what it's worth, adsl is, imo, much easier than ppp(oe). basically, set
up your workstation just like it's on a local network. i will have to look at
my debian machine at work to give you the exact files to place your ip
information. once you have that, you are home free.

i am running at home with a "speedstream 5260 ethernet adsl modem" with no
problems. my former ip (verio) and current ip (speakeasy) had no problems
with the way i'm set up. my home machine is rh7.1, hence i cannot tell you
all the files that need to be changed! maybe someone will jump in with the
particular files...otherwise, i will add them in the morning from work. so
for now, on redhat:

1) /etc/resolve.conf
2) /etc/sysconfig/network
3) /etc/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth?
4) /etc/sysconfig/ipchains

1. this contains the dns info
2. this has your gateway, hostname, ethernet card, etc
3. contains your ip address, broadcast, network ip, netmask
4. finally (very important, especially for always connected clients), the
firewall rules. this is, for me, the most difficult part, and essential,
regardless of ppp(oe) or standard network setup.

if you need some further assist with the particular files, please let me know
at this address and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 17:28, Anthony and Mary Ann Tantillo pronounced:

--
regards,
allen wayne best, esq

For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.