I made it, thanks for your help.

> 2. Add the following to the end of /etc/modules.conf
>
> options ide-cd ignore=hdd                    # tell the ide-cd module to
> ignore hdd
> alias scd0 sr_mod                                # load sr_mod upon access of scd0
> pre-install sg     modprobe ide-scsi               # load ide-scsi before sg
> pre-install sr_mod modprobe ide-scsi     # load ide-scsi before sr_mod
> pre-install ide-scsi modprobe ide-cd       # load ide-cd   before ide-scsi

This didn't work for me in this way.

There are four modules to be used:
ide-cd, sg, ide-scsi, sr_mod

ide-cd and sr_mod are already compiled into the kernel (that's why I need
to write append ... to my lilo.conf)

So, ide-scsi couldn't be loaded because ide-cd has to be loaded first.
And ide-cd couldn't be loaded because it's compiled into the kernel.

Therefore, I am only allowed to add line
pre-install sg     modprobe ide-scsi               # load ide-scsi before sg
into modules.conf

This is not clear in the CD-Writing Howto. I will contact the author of
this document in order to enter these details.

> 3. Add the following the following to /etc/modules
>
> ide-scsi
> sg
>
> note: 'scsi_mod', 'ide-cd', "ide-mod" should be inserted (I think).

It turned out that that's not necessary.

Both modules are loaded dynamically when I call cdrecord. Acctually I
don't know why? Any explaination?

> Getting cdrecord burning cds may be another small challange you'll have
> to work on (especially if you are working from the command line with no
> frontend). It's not hard, but it *might* take a little tweaking! As long
> as you burner is supported by cdrecord, you should be burning cds within
> no time.

I used cdrecord on my SuSE system, so I have all the scripts necessary to
burn data cds faster than with any GUI.

At SuSE it was just ready to use (almost), but I have learned some new
things this way.

Once again, thank you for your help. Your reply was like a small HowTo and
very detailed.

Florian.