Hello.

> Now my questions are:
>
> 1) What driver for the card should I set (ide-cs?)?

If I remember, if the pcmcia package is loaded, the
pcmcia card reader should be recognized automatically.
I don't remember changing anything.  The card uses the
ide_cs driver and the listed database should be in
/usr/share/doc/pcmcia-cs/SUPPORTED.CARDS.gz

> 2) How can I mount the simulated hd under a directory (that is, what
> is the device name /dev/hd? or what else?)?

After you plug in the card with smartmedia chip do a dmesg
to see what device the card was recognized.  Mine shows up
as hde1.  Then just mount it:  mount -t vfat /dev/hde1 /mnt

> 3) What else do you advice to consider or set?

That's all you need.