> However, I noticed that in bsd style the indentation level seems to be 4.
> I would like it to be 3.

If you decide you must do this, others have pointed the answer to you.  I just
want to say beware the path you are taking.

Users of other editors will find editing your codce to be a royal nightmare.
Not only are you using spaces where many use tabs you are also using a value
that is neither a multiple of 2 or 4.  It was a persons code formatted this way
which made me learn emacs because editing it in vi and others was more hassle
than it was worth.  You may be saying "it is my code who cares" right now.
However in this world of open source the person who may be able to fix your bug
may not be willing to deal with the hassle of your odd formatting.