Hello:

I use a '386 (successfully) as a firewall, with Debian 2.2 on it.  It
is connected to an ADSL modem and runs quite well.  Its been up for 63
days, passing packets back and forth.

Lately, "pump", when asked for "status" (i.e. pump --status) on the
default device (eth0) returns "Operation failed."

Does anyone know what that means?  Is it something caused by the ISP,
or is it a local software failure?

I'm concerned that the ISP may have changed the IP and I should be using
it, rather than the original one that "ifconfig" continues to return
when I check periodically.

Dean
--
Dean Provins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        I support Linux as a stimulating and productive alternative to
                        other PC operating systems.