On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:23:03PM -0500, Josh McKinney wrote:
> > I'm a fairly experienced user (since 1988) and I'm used to doing lots
> > of customization, but I've not noticed anything annoying so far. What
> > has been very impressive is that things just work. On previous major
> > upgrades (18 > 19 > 20) a lot of the customization (and the added .el
> > files) would stumble and fall. Not this time.
> >
> > Among all the new features, the new shell (eshell) is especially nice.
> >

> I agree, this new emacs is great.  Maybe by version 22 they will just make
> EmacsOS!

Does the new version of GNU emacs support *console mode* syntax
highlighting (I guess it's called "font locking" in emacs-speak).

That was one advantage that I always thought XEmacs had over GNU emacs.

MG

--
Matt Garman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I find it truly amazing that social progress exists in light of the vast