My wife is on her way to being M$ free.   We added a second drive and
installed potato and KDE on her Gateway W98 machine.  She wants to dual boot
while she learns her way around Linux and weans herself from Windows.

Her Gateway has kind of a weird setup.  The onboard IDE controller is
disabled and the drives are plugged into a Promise IDE controller.  They
appear in Linux as hde and hdf.  The install to hdf worked without a hitch.

So far we have been booting Linux from floppy.  The next step is to set up
lilo so she can dual boot.  When Windows boots, it puts up a Gateway splash
screen and it's not clear to me whether there is anything special about the
boot process.  I'm being a little cautious here.  If it was my box I wouldn't
hesitate a second, but I don't want to mess up her Gateway/Windows setup
until she's ready to ditch it.

Does anyone have experience good or bad with a setup like this?

--
Bud Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
They have awakened a sleeping giant