I run potato and I've installed Xfree 4.1.and I get a dependency problem with
the package libfreetype6, from which xlibs, xterm and xbase-client depend. I
downloades and installed this package. Then it appears that this package
depends on libc>=2.2. which I downlooaded too because it's not included in the
potato CDs. When I try to install this package other conflict and dependency
problems occur, so I wonder if it will become a never ending chain.

I've thought about upgrading to Woody to get rid of those dependency problems,
but I would prefer to stay with potato as I'm still novice in debian and in
linux.

What do you suggest me to do? Are potato and Xfree 4.1 really compatible?

Marcel