On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 06:53:56PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > Incidentally, where is the release process / requirements documented?
>
> There are some vague guidelines in the developer's reference, but as far
> as I know it's mainly documented in the oral history of the mailing
> lists.
>
> --
And therein lies the main flaw of debian. The process of determining when
a distribution is ready should be based on some kind of quantitative measure.
Also, once woody arrives on the scene as the next release a more vigorous
revision process should be instituted via the pools mechanism which presumably
will allow a more understandable upgrade cycle.

Perhaps there should be a superstable, stable distributions? I don't think
testing is a distribution that most users should be forced to use because
stale...umm I mean stable is the official release. i'd love to try to come
up with a `measure' of stability..

-walter