On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Mike Dresser wrote:

> The 533-E has a highpoint raid controller onboard.  Don't bother.

My mistake, it's a Promise MBFastTrack133.  You'd think I would
know what's in my home machine, having to watch their bios take
30 seconds every time you reboot to inventory the drives.

Unsupported by Promise.  ("go see your motherboard manufacturer".  Luckily
it is on an ASUS board and that they support their boards very well, and
for long beyond what I'd reasonably expect them to do.)

Promise has been very unfriendly to Linux, according to Andre Hedrick.

It's also another one of those "hardware" raid cards.

So either way, don't bother. :)

Mike