Hi all,
        reading Keyboard-and-Console HOWTO I learned how to bind F12 key to string
"emacs " in console:

  Something else people like to change are the bindings of the function
  keys.  Suppose that you want to make F12 produce the string "emacs ".
  Then

               % loadkeys
               keycode 88 = F12
               string F12 = "emacs "
               %

  will do this. More explicitly, the procedure is like this: (i) find
  the keycodes of the keys to be remapped, using showkey(1).  (ii) save
  the current keymap, make a copy and edit that:

               % dumpkeys > my_keymap
               % cp my_keymap trial_keymap
               % emacs trial_keymap
               % loadkeys trial_keymap

        Now I want to know how to the same thing in a xterm inside XWindow.
        How can I do this?
        TIA,            PaulO Henrique

--

Paulo Henrique B de Oliveira