Mike Fontenot wrote:

> Erik Steffl wrote:
> >
> >  yes, when faced with a question like this, go to the debian.org
> > webpage, go to Packages (left side menu) and use the last form on that
> > page to search for a file, it will tell you where it is (if it is in
> > debian).
>
> > btw the answer in this case: netpbm
>
> Thanks for the tip...I realize my debian navigating
> skills are lacking.
>
> The man page for xwdtopnm says it converts an X dump to an
> "anymap".  But what do I do with that?  Is there a way to
> convert "anymap" to postscript?

  well, you can use gimp or one of:

jojda:/var/spool/mail# pnmto<Tab>
pnmtoddif      pnmtojpeg      pnmtops        pnmtosir
pnmtofiasco    pnmtopalm      pnmtorast      pnmtotiff
pnmtofits      pnmtoplainpnm  pnmtorle       pnmtotiffcmyk
pnmtojbig      pnmtopng       pnmtosgi       pnmtoxwd
jojda:/var/spool/mail# pnmto

  but of course, you can use gimp to work directly with xwd.

  There are probably other programs that work with pnm (and xwd).

  PS you'd better not ask me where to find pnmtops! :-))

        erik