On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:25:08 -0500
JP Glutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ethenet connection). Kmail was not running, and since I had never
> figured out to get pppoe running without rebooting, I decided to try to
> figure it out once and for all. The normal boot gets pptpd and
> ppp_on_boot (redirected to a dsl script) running. I restarted all these,
> but no luck.

It isn't necessary to reboot to start pppoe. "pon provider" or "pon dsl-provider"
brings up the default pppoe connection. "poff provider" or "poff dsl-provider" will
disconnect.

The file /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot simply makes this happen when you start your computer.

"provider" and "dsl-provider" are found in /etc/ppp/peers/.

Dunno what's happening in Boston.

Kevin