I'm using Debian "Woody".  I just did an upgrade, amongst other things some
KDE packages were updated.  I had to dpkg --force-overwrite kdelib3, because
it was conflicting with kdebase (although it seemed to be just icon files
owned by both packages.)

I can no longer select the Icons section on KDE control panel, and I can't
Alt-Tab beween apps.  When I hit alt-tab the application selector appears in
the middle of the screen, and I can tab betweeb apps.  When I release alt, it
doesn't disappear, the application I chose doesn't pop to the front, and I X
no longer responds so mouse clicks.  Only way to sort it out seems to be to
Ctrl-Alt-BS out of X.

Any suggestions?

Jim