I just installed a second network card in a machine in
which the first card runs fine. Both cards are old
3Com 3c509b cards. I added the second card to
/etc/network/interfaces with an address and netmask,
but I can't get the machine to recongize it. On
bootup, the messages seem to indicate that it can't
load a module for the card (though it successfully
loads one for eth0 -- and it's the same kind of card).
[The messages aren't in dmesg when I look later.] I'm
running testing with a Debian 2.4.12 kernel. Any help
is appreicated. Thanks.

Richard