Hi,

has someone tried and/or managed to install the
Intel(R) Fortran Compiler on a debian (potato/unstable) system ?

Intel only offers .rpm files, alien does not seem to be able to convert them
correctly.
>dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code
>make: [binary-arch] Error 1 (ignored)
>dpkg-gencontrol: error: current build architecture i386 does not appear in
>package's list (ia64)

Installing them via the intel script also does not work:
>error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
>error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

I did not try to install them directly via rpm but I would expect that it
would also fail with the above error.

Daniel

Daniel Faller
Fakultaet fuer Physik