Xavier Barnabe-Theriault wrote:
hi

On testing, I get this for strace:
And just to be sure it's  not my fault for some corruption that might
have happened, I tried to apt-get another package and it went
peacefully.

Any idea to get strace ??

Xavier

The new libc6 conflicts with php4. If you want, you can grab libc6 from <http://www.techhouse.org/~pretzalz/libc6_2.3.1-14_i386.deb>. It is the same deb as the official one except I edited the control file to remove the conflict with php4. Along with libc6-dev and locales from the official archive, dpkg -i all three of them and then you should be able to install strace. The deb src 'deb http://www.techhouse.org/~pretzalz/ ./' in /etc/apt/source.list should also work to get the modified libc6, but is untested.