Hello,

I just found an interesting link to a page where the author not only shows
how to run an old version of ProComm for Dos under Linux dosmenu but he has
made the correct patched version of ProComm available for download.  I got a
few responses to my post so I thought I'd feed this information back to the
group.

http://solarflow.dyndns.org/pcplus/

John Purser

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, John Purser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hope this isn't too far off track.
>
> I'm looking for a good ProComm replacement.  Necessary features would
> include:
>       Wyse50 terminal emulation
>       Decent scripting language including opening, reading, writing files
>       Script Writer/Recorder to record a session
>
> I've looked at minicom and what little documentation I can find doesn't
> mention Wyse50 and I can't find any documentation for it's scripting
> language.
>
> This program could run on either Linux or Windows.
>
> I'm doing a favor for a friend and used to use ProComm to enter massive
> amounts of data into a Point of Sale system but my version of ProComm is
> Windows 95 only believe it or not.  Don't want to spend money unless I
have
> to but if I do have to I want to know what other people are using out
there.

> Thanks and apologies again for being off track for this list.

PowerTerm might do all this (Windows only):

http://www.unipress.com/pt/

...RickM...