I have installed Debian on at least a dozen systems now (I guess I'm not
a total newbie now...)

Anyway -- this is the first time I have had a system with a 905c 3Com
card not be able to get out on the network. (All but one of my systems
us 905x cards)...

System sets up fine, ifconfig reports correct information. Tornado
drivers seems to be loading (as seen in the dmesg output).

I can ping the IP of the card, but when I try to ping or apt-get update,
sending packets to the outside world, nothing happens. Changed cables,
changed ports on the switch, etc., etc. (Oh, yes -- the connection
lights on the card indicate electrical connection with the switch).

Where do I look now?

Thanks -- Randy