On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 09:40:56PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Nathan E Norman wrote:
>
> > Oh how fun.  I will attempt to educate our MIS department on why
> > responding to the Mail From: is wrong, and responding to the envelope
> > From: is better.
> >
> > Sorry.
>
> I don't think it was really coming from micromuse.com; you saw it that
> way because you're at micromuse.com. The antigen thing is sending out
> mails with no domain in the From: header (just From: ANTIGEN), and your
> mail server was probably rewriting it to be RFC-conformant.

Hmm.  I guess you're right ... I just looked at the headers.  The
"(Norman,Sophos)" bit threw me ... what's my name doing there?? :)

BTW, a blank From: is compliant iff the message is a bounce (I think
I've got that right).

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   -- Patton