Eric G. Stern said:
> I have built almost ssh debs for potato from woody source.  I don't
> remember exactly why it didn't finish, but I built all the crypto
> libraries and the ssh and sshd programs.  There was a packaging
> issue that prevented the debs from building.  If you want, I can
> send you what I have, but you shouldn't trust me.
>
> The steps are to build the ssl and crypto libraries first.  Install
> the libraries and the development libraries, then you can build
> ssh.

i would strongly reccomend trying to build the new openssh
with the potato version of openssl. i installed the woody
version of openssl to try to play with sendmail+tls from
woody and it caused all kinds of minor issues with other
packages that need ssl like apache-ssl and lynx-ssl.

in the past when i needed ssh2 on potato i compiled/installed
it to /usr/local/ssh2 and made symlinks to /usr/local/bin
for the binaries..