On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 03:22:52PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
> Greetings,

> I'm mailed the syslog on a regular basis, so I was able to see that in fact
> ~all~ email addressed to 'debian-user@lists.debian.org' or
> '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' was ~bounced~ back to me via the syslog (as I have
> 'no bounce mail' in my fetchmailrc).

This sure does sound like fetchmail is in multidrop mode.
Could you post some of the logs?

> These leads me to believe that ~fetchmail~ is attempting to sort (read
> justify the validity) of received mail ~before~ sending it off to procmail
> for processing. Isn't processing/rating/judgement/filtering the express

It only does this (validate some headers) in multidrop mode.

> I'd appreciate it greatly if someone matching (or closely matching) the
> following conditions would post a sanitized versions of their relevent
> config files:
>
> 1.  Mail is collected at your ISP. You currently use fetchmail to retrieve
> it and have it stored locally.

# Configuration created Sun Sep  3 00:48:20 2000 by fetchmailconf
# and hand edited afterwards

    set syslog
    set postmaster "user1"
    set nobouncemail
    set properties ""
    set daemon 500

    poll pop.isp with proto pop3 interval 16:
         user user.ips there with password secret is user1 here
         options no flush no keep fetchall
         warnings 3600
         antispam 571 550 501 554

    poll pop.isp2 aka alias.isp2 no dns
         with proto pop3 envelope Delivered-to:
            user user.ips2 there with password my\x20secret to
                 user.ips2=user1, LongUserNameAtIsp2=user2, *
         options no flush no keep fetchall
         warnings 3600
         antispam 571 550 501 554

> 2.  You are using exim as an MTA (I could never get sendmail to configure
> properly).
> 3.  Procmail pre-sorts your email for you
> 4.  You use mutt to view the pre-sorted email

1-4, yep I'm.

--
groetjes, carel