> --- Xeno Campanoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > diagnostic:

> > on 01:00

> >  I've tried several
> > indicates the root
> > and I seem to have good

> >             Okay, you were right about initrd.  I took that
> > out and it
> >     works.  Thank you.
> >
> <<SNIP>>
>
> Now, I'm really confused. I haven't been able to get
> any of the 2.4.x debian kernel packages to boot and
> everything I had read previously in the list archives
> indicated that the initrd line was necessary for 2.4.x
> kernels. I never had any problems with 2.0.x or 2.2.x
> kernels.

I never tried a 2.4.x kernel and I do not know if there is a default
configuration for the 2.4.x debian kernel packages. In case there is
none, could it be that you are expected to have ram disk support when
configuring the 2.4.x debian kernel?

And since you were asking, why won't you add more details about what
you have done and where does the booting process stop?