on Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 09:51:06PM -0500, Eric Brooks ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 05:52:24PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > How many Debian books is there ?
> I don't know how many debian books exist. There are quite a few Linux
> administration books out there that have information that pertain to
> Debian as well.
>
> > I'm wondering if you guys can suggest one for me...(I'm not a _fully_
> > newbe, i know a bit :>)
>
> Two books that I found very helpful are:
>
> Down, Thomas. Installing Debian GNU/Linux. 2000: SAMS Publishing,
> Indianapolis, IN, USA. This book really helped me out.

I'll second this.  I *hate* SAMS, but this book is good for what it does
-- walks the user through a basic Debian installation.  Far better than
the O'Reilly Debian book.

My other general GNU/Linux book suggestions are:

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/linux-books.html

In the specific case of Debian, there's a wealth of online
documentation, much of it installed (or installable) on your system.
The Debian Policy Manual is *very* highly recommended.  The selections
at the Debian.org website's docs section are a bit on the spotty side,
though there are a few brighter bits of coal among the smellier bits.

Peace.