Gerard Robin wrote:

> Hello,
> does any script exist, which creates 30 users automaticaly,
> with the list of 30 persons containing their name, christian name, etc...
> instead of using 30 times "adduser" ?

Some people may have custom scripts, but the best way would be to
create a file (or files) with format of the /etc/passwd (and
/etc/shadow) file, with the crypt of the default password used for
all the password entries, then append them as appropriate.  You'd
still have to make the home directories.

You also could write a perl or shell script take this file, parse
through it, add to the appropriate /etc files, and then create and
populate the home directories (from /etc/skel).

I've been meaning to write such a thing, but...

Try looking at the Sun "big admin" site - someone may have put a
bulk user addition script up.

                                        Linda

P.S. No, this is not a Debian only problem - I've had it with
every *n*x veriant I've used.
--
Linda J Laubenheimer
UNIX Geek, Bibliophile and Iconoclast