On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 09:53:03AM -0800, ben wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2001 07:46 am, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> [snip]
> > (And, as a side note, Debian's default MTA is exim, not postfix.)
>
> are you sure about this? i would expect that any default application would be
> part of the default installation--yet, despite numerous installations and
> upgrades, i have yet to see that exim installed as default and postfix didn't.

You must be installing something else that prefers postfix.  I've
invariably seen exim as the initial MTA selection and some package
listings (courtesy of `apt-cache show`) give the reason:

Package: exim

Package: postfix

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss