I was trying to compile the openssh source from testing on my potato
install today. Got the dev-packages that was needed, and compiled
libssl
from testing as well. But when I tried to compile ssh (apt-get -b
source
ssh) I get this error:

dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `debian/tmp/DEBIAN/control' near line 6
package `ssh':
 `Depends' field, missing package name, or garbage where package name
expected
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
Build command 'cd openssh-3.0.1p1 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
E: Child process failed

So I check debian/tmp/DEBIAN/control line 6 and find:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), libpam0g, libwrap0, libz1, libpam-modules
(>= 0.72-9),, debconf

Without knowing much of how all this works my guess would be that
double
comma (",,") before debconf is the problem. Is there something
missing?

--
Jonas Moberg