Bob Proulx wrote:
I am using gimp quite heavily, I need to save files in .GIF format but it
appears not to be supported.

I too am in need of such a plugin, but it was my understanding that the patent held by Unisys has expired.

Negative. At least not yet[1]. The patent does not expire until at least June 2003. Looking at my calendar watch I see it is only March. And there may be other submarine patents in the portfolio which will only be published once this one is expired.

Patience.

Bob

[1] http://www.delphion.com/details?&pn=US04558302__

Hrm.

So when will the MNG plugin for Gimp be ready again?

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

http://www.hsv-hotspots.com/
Your hotspot for Wireless in HSV, AL