I need to write a program the extracts the ASCII text portion
of email messages for insertion into a database.  I looked at the
libmailtools-perl package, but it doesn't look like it can deal with
the annoying variety of mail that I may need to parse (The silly +'s
at the end of lines, MIME-attached HTML, vcards, etc.).

What I want is a filter that I pass an email in, and out pops the
ASCII, 72-line width formatted message.  All attachments, HTML mail,
vcards and strangeness is removed.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley             phone: 907-474-2689
Computer / Network Manager          email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin