Hi,
   I'm running Debian 3.0r1 stable (woody) on a x86 laptop. I know how to
build a source tarball into binaries and how to bung 'em into
/usr/local/bin. However, I have recently found (thanks to this list) how to
build the kernel source into a .deb package using make-kpkg - what I want
to know, is there a way to do the same thing with a foo.tar.gz? Then do a
dpkg -i foo.deb? Anyone point me in the right direction?

Or should I stick with:
./configure
./make
./ make install
?

Thanks,
Kevin

^-- $

!=

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and confidential information and
if you are not an intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone on +44 (0)1980 612100.  Please also destroy or delete the
message from your computer.