On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 05:39:46PM -0500, Bob Underwood wrote:
| On Wednesday 02 January 2002 13:23, Pauwel Demeyer wrote:
| > hi,
| >
| > I'm going from a Mandrake 8.1 system to debian.  I've had there (some
| > weeks ago, not working anymore) internet sharing enabled.  When
| > switching, I also want it to be correct again.  The problem is My debian
| > does not recognize the second card (which is going to be the link to the
| > local network (eth1) ).  When rebooting to mandrake, both are
| > recognized.  They are of the same type, use both the same drivers
| > NE-2k-PCI.  what is going wrong?
| > If it is working, do I only have to run those commands listed in the
| > packet filtering and NAT HOWTO's?
| > Well, I ask, because I've tried to download a new kernel, but got stuck
| > when my comp said to add something in lilo.conf, becaus I start my
| > computer from floppy, due to having not only Mandrake, but also Windoze
| > XP :) so I don't want to loose them..
| >

| > tnx in advance
| > Kurdt
|
| make sure the proper module is listed twice in /etc/modules  This may not be
| the "correct" way but works for me.

It is correct if you use different names.  I have 2 tulip cards in
this machine :

---------
#
# LinkSys LNE100TX ethernet adapter (hardware revision 2.0)
#
alias eth0 tulip

#
# LinkSys LNE100TX ethernet adapter (hardware revision 4.1)
#
alias eth1 tulip
---------

In this case I have them ordered by location on the PCI bus.  It is
conceivable that at some point eth0 and eth1 would be reversed
(physically), and in that case I would RTFM to see how to specify
which one is which (I know it is possible, I've seen it mentioned here
before).

-D

--

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.