On Wednesday 30 January 2002 2:59 am, Seneca Cunningham wrote:

> make[4]: *** [3c575_cb.o] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/clients'
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> make[2]: *** [build-modules] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> make[1]: *** [kdist_image] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs'
> Module /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs failed.
> Hit return to Continue

I never got to the bottom of this one either. If you search the archive for
subject 'Error compiling pcmcia modules on laptop' around jan 17th you'll
find a posting from me with the same problem (except 2.4.17 kernel). I tried
lots of different combinations, and always ended up with the error you've had.

Here's one reply I got that might work for you: