Thanks to help from this list (Eric Cooper in particular), I learned about
high-lighting of URLs in gnome-terminal. I started using it to open web
pages in Netscape while reading mail in mutt. But...

Yesterday, I switched to mozilla for my browser and I can't get the gnome
system to start mozilla correctly.

In particular, I found a place in ~/.gnome/Gnome where changing a specification
of default URL handler from "gnome-moz-remote" to "mozilla" made it bring up
mozilla when I control/right-click, but...

it brings up the home page, not the page pointed to by the highlighted URL.

What is the correct way to select a new default browser?

Also, I am running Potato. It is the only version of Debian that I have ever
run, but for a person who knows the answer to my question, it is probably
significant.

Thanks.

--
Paul E Condon