Reading these news items in the latest DWN, one could be drawn to the
conclusion that woody is dead.  I would just like to know what other people
who are more in the know think.  Sometimes it makes me think, 'to hell with
Debian, go with another distro that's got a future.'  But I really think
Debian does have a future.

Curtis
Welcome to the fifth issue of DWN, the weekly newsletter for the
Debian community. The past week has been an exciting one. A lot of
talk with regard to the upcoming release of woody took place on the
[1]debian-devel list. This issue contains items by Tollef Fog Heen and
Yooseong Yang, which are greatly appreciated. The mail version of this
issue uses a new style for embedding links which was generated by a
script provided by Aaron Schrab. Please let us know if it makes DWN
easier to read or not.

 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

Adrian Bunk Retired. Since the woody release is making only very
little progress (if any), Adrian Bunk [22]decided to retire from the
Debian project entirely, and has orphaned all of his packages. The
current release process has led to very few motivation on Adrians side
and he doesn't see his work honored in Debian in form of a new stable
release in the forseeable future.

 22. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0201/msg02160.html

Addressing the Release. Anthony Towns posted a [23]roundup targetting
the woody release. Basically he says that there is currently no real
progress. There is absolutely no magic that can be done to make a
bunch of buggy useless software acceptable as a Debian release. We
shouldn't resign, though. Indeed, it is quite obvious what needs to be
done: we need to fix these bugs.

 23. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce-0201/msg00014.html

<<application/ms-tnef>>