As in previous message, we have three computers in a local network linked through a route to a DSL modem. I am sending this message from my daughter's computer. She is the DSL subscriber and I send mail from my computers through her SMTP link. Suddenly, after distribution upgrades of my two computers the SMTP link is refused.

History: All three computers use Debian, two Woody, one testing. Initially we tried to use kde konqueror but the outgoing connection failed as the konqueror email setup could not supply the user password. The Mozilla email setup did ask for the password at the first attempted transmission and all was well. We could send email from any of the three computers. I ran apt-get dist-upgrade from my two computers and now neither can send email. Fortunately, I only use my daughter's computer in emergencies like this and she has not upgraded so her connection still works. We need to solve this problem before we are completely shut off from the outside world. Please help,

Tom George