l?rdag den 26. januar 2002 00:02 skrev du:
> great!! thanks!
>
> btw, are you using gphoto? and if so, which camera model did you have to
> select in it?
>
> i can't wait to get home and try it again!
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 11:37:01PM +0100, Claus Ladekj?r Wilson wrote:
> | I have 315 c and it works fine with my old kernel. It needs three or two
> | modules - usb-uhci and usb_core and usb_storage - I recall. Good luck!
> | If it doesn't work - use a card reader in stead (Maybe you need to load
> | scsi_mod too, because it works as a scsi-disk with the vfat file system).
> | Greetings.

<-- snip -->
hello again.

i've finally had a chance to play with my camera. i used modconf to load
usb_core and usb_storage... and also scsi_mod. that went well. usb-uhci
failed (device or resorce busy.... irq... ". so, since i was running out
of time, i tried inserting usb-ohci instead of usb-uhci. that worked
supposedly. i think after that the camera's lcd finally said "pc" -
until then it didn't. i took a look in /proc/scsi/scsi and didn't see
anything. gphoto --list-cameras didn't give me any output. i tried
configuring gphoto while it was running... it gave me ttys1-4 (serial
ports?) or other. i thought to choose other and use /dev/usb but
/dev/usb is a directory with a lot of stuff!

Claus, you said you use konqueror to browse the files and open them with
gimp.... i'm curious to know what you are mounting to view them! if
you're clicking on an icon, could you take a look at the properties and
let me know the path and/or mount point?

thanks,
jason

| registered linux user #202942   |   http://counter.li.org/  |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody      |   2.4.16-k6               |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |   http://theigloo.dhs.org |