On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:36:53 -0800
Aaron Brashears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just went out and got an ATI Radeon to replace my dusty old video
> card. However, X doesn't seem to like my configuration for it, and
> won't start as a result.
>
> Can anyone supply a copy of their working XF86Config-4 they use with
> the ATI Radeon? Here's a few choice lines from my configuration - can
> you spot the error?
>

> Section "Device"
>     Identifier  "ATI Radeon"
>     Driver      "ati"
>     #VideoRam    65536
>     # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
> EndSection
> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier  "Screen 1"
>     Device      "ATI Radeon"
>     Monitor     "NEC"
>     DefaultDepth 24
> EndSection

I let Branden take care of it ;-). The installation automagic mostly
works for me. Please note, however, that I'm using the Radeon VE. Not
all Radeons appear to be supported under x4.1.

FWIW here's the corresponding portion (extract) from my X config:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "MyRadeon"
        Driver          "radeon"
EndSection