On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:04:08PM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
| * Dimitri Maziuk ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
| > * Cam Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) spake thusly:
| <snip>
| > > What am I doing wrong, or not doing, please?
| >
| > You're not doing the following: RTFM and edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
|
| I did that, though I think I still need to do something else.
| Instructions I had seen elsewhere said "http://localhost:631";.  The

That is the URL for the "home page", if you will.  That gives you
access to everything.

In lynx (why can't I copy from links!?), it looks like :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                    Common UNIX Printing System

                        Common UNIX Printing System

                            Do Administration Tasks

                            Manage Printer Classes

                                 On-Line Help

                                  Manage Jobs

                                Manage Printers

                      Download the Current CUPS Software

   The Common UNIX Printing System, CUPS, and the CUPS logo are the
   trademark property of Easy Software Products. CUPS is copyright
   1997-2002 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The URL that the "Do Administration Taks" link takes you to is

| FM says "http://localhost:631/admin";, which made a considerable
| difference.

which is where the admin stuff is.  If you want to view a printer's
queue, click on the "Manage Printers" link which takes you to
http://localhost:631/printers.

| Now I have another problem.  Attempting to print a test page gets me
| this error:
|
| client-error-document-format-not supported

What sort of file did you try sending?

Did you try the "Print Test Page" button in the printer's queue
display in the web interface?

-D

                                               -- Dave Parnas