* Alex Malinovich ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) spake thusly:
> On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 13:19, William Lacy wrote:
> > I am having the same problem on two different computers.  One is an
> > Optiplex GX150 and one is a GX110.
> >
> > The problem is that the 3Com on board network does not detect in the
> > debian install, the 110 has a 3C579 and the 150 a 3C509 from what I can
> > tell. Both computers run fine with Red Hat.
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Pardon me for asking an obvious question, but you did select the 3com
> Vortex drivers during install correct?

Last time I tried woody netinst CD, there were no Vortex drivers
except in udma-ext3 image. Of course, there isn't enough detail in
OP to tell if he's inserting the CD right side up...

Dima
--
I like the US government, makes the Aussie one look less dumb and THAT is a
pretty big effort.                                               -- Craig Small