On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:37:08 -0500
Derrick 'dman' Hudson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The software is very stable.  I can't speak for the (experiement or
> unofficial) package(s).  The first exim 4.x stable release was
> released around February 2002.  It is unfortunate that the debian
> packaging has lagged so far behind development.

    I think the main reason why Debian is still on the 3.x series is because
it is the default mailer for Debian and with the 4.x series Exim broke
config file compatibility.  I remember reading somewhere that because of that
combination a utility to convert configuration files needed to be made and
that hasn't happened yet.